While fashion is constantly changing, one style that remains a staple in every woman’s wardrobe is the short dress or skirt. They are great for showing off your legs and keeping you cool during the summer months. However, with the short length of these fashionable garments, the question arises – what do you wear underneath to avoid exposing yourself unintentionally?
In this blog post, we will go over the different options available for what to wear under a short dress or skirt so you can feel comfortable and confident while wearing one.
Option 1: Spandex Shorts
One of the most popular options for wearing under a short dress or skirt is spandex shorts. They are tight-fitting and stretchy, making them comfortable to move around in. Spandex shorts come in many different lengths, so you can choose a longer or shorter pair depending on the length of your dress or skirt.
Spandex shorts also have the added benefit of preventing any chafing that may occur between your thighs. This type of shorts can prevent any uncomfortable rubbing or irritation that can occur when walking or sitting in a short dress or skirt for an extended period.
Option 2: Boyshorts or Briefs
If you prefer a looser fit, boyshorts or briefs can also be a great option. They are comfortable and provide more coverage compared to spandex shorts. However, you should choose a pair that fits well and doesn’t bunch or ride up.
When choosing a pair of boyshorts or briefs to wear under your short dress or skirt, choose a seamless pair to avoid any lines showing through the fabric. Nude or skin-colored options also minimize the risk of visible underwear lines.
Option 3: Thong
While thongs may not be for everyone, they can be a great option when wearing a short dress or skirt. They provide the least coverage so there is no risk of visible underwear lines or bunching, making them an ideal option when you want a seamless look.
However, it is important to choose a thong that fits well and doesn’t shift around. This will help to avoid any awkward situations when sitting or walking in your short dress or skirt. Additionally, it is worth noting that thongs can take a bit of getting used to if you’re not accustomed to wearing them.
Option 4: Shapewear
For those looking to smooth out any lumps or bumps under a short dress or skirt, shapewear can be a great option. Shapewear comes in many different styles, from high-waisted shorts to full bodysuits, and can provide a more streamlined look.
It’s important to consider the level of control of the shapewear – too much control could lead to discomfort or breathing difficulties. So it’s best to go with a level of control that makes you feel comfortable while still achieving the desired result.
In conclusion, there are several options available to wear under a short dress or skirt, including spandex shorts, boyshorts or briefs, thongs, and shapewear. The key takeaways are to choose a pair that fits well, is comfortable, and provides enough coverage while avoiding any visible lines or bunching.
By choosing the right undergarments, you can feel comfortable and confident in your short dress or skirt, and step out in style!
How do you wear a short skirt over 50?
Wearing a short skirt over 50 can be a daunting task, especially when you want to look stylish without drawing unwanted attention to your age. However, with a few tips and tricks, you can rock that short skirt and look amazing. Here’s how to do it:
1. Wear leggings or tights: One of the easiest ways to wear a short skirt over 50 is to pair it with leggings or tights. This will give you the coverage you need while still showing off your legs.
2. Choose the right length: When choosing a short skirt, it’s important to pick the right length. Avoid anything too short, and opt for a length that hits just above the knee. This will still show off your legs without being too revealing.
3. Pair it with a longer top: To balance out the short skirt, pair it with a longer top. This will help create a more streamlined silhouette and draw attention away from your legs.
4. Wear flat shoes or boots: Flat or low heel shoes or boots help make your short dress look less short. This works even better when your footwear and tights are the same color. Low-heel boots are a great option for fall and winter, while sandals are perfect for the warmer months.
5. Accessorize with a scarf or statement necklace: Adding a scarf or statement necklace can draw attention away from your legs and up towards your face. Choose something bold and eye-catching that will add interest to your outfit.
6. Confidence is key: the key to wearing a short skirt over 50 is confidence. Own your outfit and wear it with pride. As long as you feel comfortable and confident in what you’re wearing, you’ll look amazing.