When planning your wedding, should you consider an online wedding binder or app? Our lives have moved into a digital world. We don’t have time to read actual books and rarely sit down and write anything out with pen and paper. It’s a digital age and everything, including wedding planning, has moved into the digital era. You can plan your wedding right from your smart phone or tablet with all of the apps currently available. Many of the apps are completely free!
It is so nice to create a binder filled with all of your wedding plans that you can access at any time of the day, no matter where you are. Gone are the days where a person planning a wedding had to carry around a big 3-ring binder stuffed to the gills with random papers, receipts and clippings from magazines. These things were notorious for being horribly unorganized and important papers were easily lost.
Nowadays, you can upload images, documents and important information about your wedding. With most of the apps, you can edit the information and add specific details directly to the list. All of the information you add will be safely and securely stored on the site. If you happen to be at a store and see something you know will be perfect for your wedding, whip out the phone, snap a picture, upload it and add the details about the price and where you found it.
Let’s face it; even the most organized person on the planet is going to get flustered during the wedding planning. Sometimes, you think you will absolutely remember a specific detail simply because you have committed it to memory and you have the memory of an elephant. It isn’t until much later that you suddenly remember you forgot all about that something special.
Keeping an online binder is the best way to stay organized during the wedding planning process. Check out the many benefits to using an app for your wedding planning.
- Wedding party attire can be shopped for online. Save the pages, images and designs to your binder to show your wedding party to get their opinions.
- Checklists that cover every little detail of the wedding right down to what shoes you will wear and the name of the officiant.
- Budget planning is probably one of the most important elements to any wedding. Take advantage of the budget-friendly tips and budget planning apps.
- Get help deciding colors, flowers, themes and so on for your wedding. There are so many decisions during the early planning stages, it can be incredibly overwhelming.
- Think of your online binder as a place to store ideas and inspirations. You don’t have to use every idea. In fact, you can take an idea and tweak it to suit your style and personality.
- Keep track of your guest list and who has already responded to their invitation. Keeping a running tally of who is and isn’t coming will help you plan accordingly.
- Keeping a list of the vendors you have hired or reserved in one place will also come in handy. Keep track of how much you have already paid and how much you still owe. Some apps have reminders that will tell you when a payment is due.
- Create seating charts for the reception with the touch of a hand. This is one of those things that has always been an issue for people planning their own weddings in the past. You don’t have to have a big board or tiny little scraps of paper that will get lost. A seating chart app makes it easy to move people around with the touch of a finger.
Using online binders and apps takes a lot of the guesswork out of wedding planning. Every little detail is addressed. You get to decide what you do and don’t want as part of your own ceremony. It is so easy to put together the wedding of your dreams simply by browsing through checklists and adding different elements to your own wedding.
With most vendors putting their work online, along with their prices, you can browse from the comfort of your home or while riding the train. When you see something you like, add it to your binder and talk it over with your fiancé. You can both do a little window-shopping and add what you like to the binder. Talk about what you like and don’t like and make decisions from there.
Planning a wedding isn’t what it used to be. It is easy, breezy with lots of free information, advice and apps right at your fingertips. Have fun and let your style and personality show through on your big day.