If you’ve got a wedding coming up and are overwhelmed with what to do, then here are some tips from Azazie that will relieve your stress.
Postpone if necessary, but don’t cancel!
- If you are a bride getting married in May or June, it definitely makes sense to postpone your wedding to late Summer or Fall. However it does not make sense to cancel from a financial standpoint, you will lose deposits, instead you can use those deposits at a later date.
- Reach out immediately to your venue and each of your vendors and discuss your concerns and what their policy will be in this instance. Find out what other dates are available and see if you can find one that works for you.
Hire a wedding planner (if it’s in your budget)!
- With the uncertainty of the coronavirus and the effects it will have on planning, hiring a planner will take away some of the unnecessary stress and panic and it gives the bride somewhere to lean on and look to for guidance
Have a small outdoor wedding now with just close family + do a bigger reception in the Fall/ Winter OR Elope now and plan a larger ceremony/wedding when the time feels right!
- Celebrate love and find a way to still marry your best friend, it’s more important than ever to have love and happiness amidst all that is happening. Weddings are still going to take place, we just have to be innovative on what that will look like. Live stream your ceremony for your family/ friends and then spend time together as a newlywed couple. Plan a fun staycation with champagne and all your favorite foods!
- Take advantage of technology to help streamline the planning process (schedule video calls, schedule online 360 virtual tours of venues, use a mobile planning app, order your dress online, take advantage of online chat etc). You can still do that now and then schedule something a year out.
- Buy your wedding bridesmaid dresses online. Azazie offers a virtual showroom feature and sample program that makes it seamless and easy to do from home.