Helzberg Diamonds Ordains Associates to Become First Jeweler to Offer Free Marriage Ceremonies
Beginning October 2, 2019, couples interested in getting “Hitched at Helzberg” just need to bring their partner and their marriage license to their nearest Helzberg Diamonds location – no purchase necessary. Ordained associates will be available to perform free marriage ceremonies during regular work hours in any Helzberg Diamonds location. Since October 2, over 26 weddings have already been performed!
“The Universal Life Church has a long and proud history of making the institution of marriage more personal and more accessible,” said Rev. George Freeman, presiding chaplain of the ULC. “We’re excited to welcome new members into the ULC family and are thrilled that so many associates of Helzberg Diamonds chose to get ordained.”
Couples who plan to get “Hitched at Helzberg” will be responsible for securing and submitting their marriage licenses and witnesses in accordance with their state laws prior to the ceremony. Participating couples will receive a custom celebration kit from Helzberg Diamonds following the ceremony, including a commemorative marriage certificate.
Shifting marriage trends
The recent survey data uncovered additional trends and perceptions of modern love and romance, including:
- More than half of all respondents believe current engagement trends and wedding traditions should be modernized
- The top-three reasons millennials consider eloping are to save money (59%), to avoid having to plan the ceremony (46%) and to keep the ceremony more intimate (43%)
- 56% percent of respondents who hope to get married would prefer someone other than a religious figure to officiate their wedding
- More than half of respondents don’t believe there is a set time people should be together before getting engaged; in fact, 54% of respondents know of couples, or they themselves, got engaged after knowing their partner for one month or less
- 70% of millennials surveyed said it’s acceptable for women to propose to men
To learn more about getting “Hitched at Helzberg” or to find a store near you, visit Helzberg.com/Hitched.
About Helzberg Diamonds
Helzberg Diamonds®, a retail and online jewelry store focused on customer service, outstanding quality, and value was founded in 1915 and has more than 200 stores nationwide featuring a wide selection of fine jewelry, including diamond engagement rings and wedding rings, precious gems and watches. Helzberg Diamonds, an innovator in the retail jewelry industry, takes pride in offering exceptional value, exclusive designs and timeless jewelry. Helzberg Diamonds is based in North Kansas City, Missouri, and is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK/A and BRK/B). For the locations nearest you, call 1-800-HELZBERG (800-435-9237) or visit Helzberg.com.
About Universal Life Church
The Universal Life Church (ULC) is a nondenominational religious organization that has granted millions of members across the globe all the rights and privileges to perform legal wedding ceremonies. Membership is open to anyone, and the ULC welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and belief systems. Becoming ordained is free and can be done entirely online at ULC.org. Since the organization’s founding, ULC has provided legal ordination to over 20 million people worldwide. Couples seeking more information about how to get married in accordance to their state laws are encouraged to visit ULC.org to learn more.